Egyptian royal cubit

Introduction to the royal cubit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eima BLANK
    Keymaster

A couple weeks ago, somebody contacted me on Academia.edu with one question: “could you please tell us a few words about yourself about your passions and interests in megaliths?“. This will be my introduction to the community section of my website.

I graduated in architecture on June 1995 after 3 years research and field work on the architecture of the Batak people of Sumatra, Indonesia. I started my career as an ethnographer and was interrupted in 1998 when the UNESCO pirated the volume 1 of my book.

This piracy was like writing a song and hearing it on the radio signed and sung by somebody else, except that my book was the result of intensive research for 3 full years. I graduated in architecture with it and somebody was removing my name from it. Sadness, depression, brought me to reorganize my research and rewrite a note I had written few years earlier about a Chinese construction manual written during the XVIth century. I was looking for healing and was in a state of mind of deep, very deep concentration. I wrote, made few drawings and while capturing all my souvenirs on paper, I came to find some interesting geometrical features from 4 lines of a Chinese poem.

I did not start my research on the royal cubit by studying megaliths. I started with the geometry of Pi and the meaning in ancient carpentry to build with tools and raw materials. Trying to understand how a traditional carpenter would use the poem, I found a drawing to draw geometric figures properly scaled at both sides of a timber. From there, a carpenter could cut a column. The megalithic architecture is a transposition by ancient builders from wood and straw into the stone and they have used almost the same logics.

Simple drawings brought many other properties that matched other souvenirs. I had on my book shelves a book written by Jean-Philippe Lauer. I opened it and decided to write all my impressions to comment my drawings. By writing everything in a journal, I was able to follow the thread of my thoughts from Pi to the meter and question the logics. Part of the journal has already been published on my blog and the remaining part is pending publication.

I would not describe my work as a passion. It is more like a query. By travelling in Indonesia in the early 90s, I have discovered a primitive culture very close to a “pre-civilization” period (definition of civilization: “the stage of human social and cultural development and organization that is considered most advanced” – Oxford dictionary).

My hypothesis was that everything advanced was the result of an evolution from an early stage period and this early stage period was not “primitive” in the way we would compare a primate with a human. The early stage period was able to develop technologies, fashion a language, imagine mythologies, sometimes develop a writing, build houses, manufacture tools, harvest wood and develop a society. From this early stage period, the primitive human has also studied the sun, the moon, the stars, the seasons, the environment, medicine, fauna, flora and try to define an harmony where they did belong. The primitive human has studied life and has tried to define death, after death and before life, where do human life comes from and what is the purpose of sufferance and happiness.

My query was to understand this harmony and give a sense to everything I have learnt from my readings, my writings and my travels, but this query brought me in this state of mind where geometry becomes as fluid as a language. I have used geometry as a tool to flatten difficult concepts the same way as Philibert de L’Orme has used geometry in stereotomy.

My writing on the small Chinese poem became 9 months of full time research. I never tried to demonstrate the royal cubit for itself but as a deduction of a logic where everything is harmony. Until today, I still don’t try to demonstrate the value of the royal cubit because my query is not about building an argument. The purpose is not about being right or wrong. The purpose is the meaning of the royal cubit when the value brings the drawing to perfectly fit into a larger picture.

I found peace with my drawings and I am not opened to a discussion that would break the peace. I am not open to polemics and I won’t argue. I did not create this community section to let people argue and shout. I see too many people on other forums who have a superficial knowledge and still argue. I am not interested with this kind of noise. I hope that people will join this community in order to preserve and participate in the harmony. On my hand, I prefer to write rather than to debate and will only keep my participation in the community to share ideas, pictures and thoughts that would not fit in my blog.

As you can see at the bottom of this page, the copyright is managed by the ADAGP. You can cite my work on this community forum if you want to discuss about it, but you are not allowed to copy my work outside of this website.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Eima BLANK.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Eima BLANK.
    rena meg
    Participant

Hello.

Please – investigate the Thales eclipse.

a) NASA  or  John Steele

b)  Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Confirmed by Ancient Solar Eclipses Göran <span class=”posthilit”>Henriksson</span>, Ph.D.

ARCHAIC RUNES- EUROPA

• Extensive excerpts from the book “Selected Issues in the History of Runic Signs” by Sebastian Kierzk

citation:

Brodgar branch runes, Brodgar runes are a variation of branch runic writing and belong to the group of Norwegian runes. These twig runes are a cryptographic variation and have twig counts on both sides of the runes. They were found on the island of Orkney in the northern part of the British Isles, on one of the boulders of the Brodgar Stone Circle2.

In attempting to translate the Brodgar runes using the normal decryption method, it was impossible to understand, but shortly after their discovery, scholar Magnus Olson read the runic inscription from right to left, ignoring the “fainted” branches on the most appropriate runes and found that the inscription should be read as “biorn “and that he represents someone’s name” Bjorn “. However, Olsen’s theory is not adopted unanimously. In his work on the Orkney runes, expert Michael Barnes questions his theory. Barnes says that, even though you can accept Olsen’s assumptions about inscription, there is still a problem with one of the runes – it is not known whether it represents “u” or “r”.

And although there were theories about the translation of the runes from Brodgar from the beginning, none of the proposals for their translation can be accepted with certainty.

The “Bjorn” runes were not the only runes found at Brodgar in the early twentieth century. A second runic inscription was found at Brodgar in 1908 – although it was already lost because it was on a loose stone that was not buried in the ground. It was carved on a solitary stone uncovered in the southwestern part of the stone circle. The inscription showed a lonely twig rune and a cross underneath. The rune was exactly like the other Brodgar runes. Fortunately, however, the inscription was documented before the stone was lost and was shown 3

Runes found in Orkney When the Norwegians first started coming to Orkney (the northern part of the British Isles) in the 2nd century, they brought the art of carving runes with them. Runes have been found in several places on the islands. The most famous and extensive runic inscriptions are in the stone chamber in Maeshowe

Here you can also see one of the largest collections of runic inscriptions in Europe. In addition to the Maeshowe runes, there are 19 documented examples of runes found in Orkney – as well as some that are unverified. For example, when the Orphir Church was demolished in 1757, runes inscribed on the stone were discovered on the structure of the building. The translated runes say: “the church is not good.” Other runic inscriptions are still seen on one of the stones of Brodgar’s circle. The stone circle was discovered on the western sloping plateau of Orkney. This discovery was made in 1907 during the erection of an overturned third stone standing clockwise on the northwest side of the funerary road. When the stone was lifted, the runic inscription was discovered on the side that lay on the ground. The exact age of Brodgar1 is unknown as the center of the circle has never been fully excavated. Probably this circle was part of a huge prehistoric ritual complex. The Brodgar Circle is the third largest stone circle in the British Isles. It covers an area of 8,435 square meters (90,790 square feet). It was built on a circle 104 meters in diameter and originally contained 60 boulders. Today only 27 of these stones remain. The size of the Brodgar stones ranges from 2.1 meters (7 feet) to a maximum of 4.7 meters (over 15 feet).

Any visitor will immediately know why the Brodgar Stone Circle stands in this particular place and not anywhere else. The monument is practically at the center of a massive natural circle formed by the hills of the surrounding landscape.

U Tube Presentations  by  David Kenworthy

my comment:

(523.6*90)/126=374***

374+1=375***

24/64=0.375

64/24=2.6666666666667

0.375/2.6666666666667=0.140625

0.140625*64=9

0.140625*6400=900

(0.140625*6400)/1.5=600

6400-49.6=6350.4(for example polar radius)

595/600=0.991666666666666

375-1=374

374/0.991666666666666=0.85714285714

0.85714285714*378=324***(for example JIM WAKEFIELD  ; )

324/1.42857142857=226.8(rena meg)

226.8/1.008/1.0125=225***()

225/1.42857142857=157.5

157.5/187.5*64=53.76

53.76-52.36=1.4

53.76/1.4=38.4

53.76/1.4/32.4=1.1851851851852

53.76/1.4/32.4*6*50=355.5555555555555

53.76/1.4/32.4*6*50*0.99=352

52.36*1.4=37.4

(523.6*7)/0.1466666666666=357

360/1.008=357.14285714286

357.14285714286-357=0.14285714286

357/0.14285714286=2499

2500-1=2499

2500(for example: chronological error)/2250=90/81

Eima BLANK
    Keymaster

Hi Rena Meg,

I don’t know what you are trying to demonstrate, what all those numbers are.

I am not gonna solve this problem for you, but I can help you to solve it yourself. You shall start by writing down clearly what all those numbers are and why you multiply/divide them. What is the purpose of each math. For example, when you divide a value by 90, is it an angle that you are looking for?

Proper maths start with proper enunciation that you must write down clearly like a journal with those words:

• I am taking this number because it represents this or that.
    • I observe that this number is acting this way, for example it is a distance and on the distance this kind of event happens.
    • I operate this equation to understand how the number operates.
    • I test my results.

As for solar eclipses, I really doubt that ancient astronomers would have referred to eclipses to define an architecture. Eclipses say it all, they don’t last. Eclipses may be the triggers for doing something because they represent uncertainty, a change of time, but the human mind prefers certainty such the rhythm of the seasons, the length of day and time, etc… They have observed the sky to find references and certainty that would announce the seasons, the time of the year when birds and fishes migrate, the time of the year when it is cold and warm, the eventuality of hardship such drought and calamities, the time of the month when to plant crops, when to populate cattle, when to eat and when to stock.

Eclipses represent a change of time, the beginning of a new cycle, the time 0000 when a set of observations have a beginning. It can influence architecture only in the sense that at this time, new observations have begun from ancient astronomers. At this time, they might have initiated measurements of the sun, the moon, the stars and try to define the cycle of the sky other that one day, one season, one year. Eclipses define something bigger on a length of several years.

For your calculations, take the time to write clearly:

• 523.6 is … and write a description
    • 90 is …
    • 126 is …
    • 374 is the result what represents…

In your results, don’t write starts after a number, it represents nothing. A number is rather a whole number or a decimal. If it is a decimal it is either finite, infinite or periodic. Each number will tell something accordingly to its decimals. When you enumerate all this, try to think why you are taking those numbers, what is your purpose. You can write all this in the comment section so we can analyze it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close