Egyptian royal cubit

Système métrique ou instruction abrégée sur les nouvelles mesures

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eima BLANK
    Keymaster

I just added this new book in the bibliography. I had found this book after my work on the geometry of Pi while searching specifically for references that would prove that the meter was inspired from Egyptian ancient knowledge. This book does not say it specifically, but it relates the meter to the aune of Neuchâtel and the aune of Neuchâtel to the Parasange of Egypt.

Eima BLANK
    Keymaster

To understand the history of the meter, me need to write the chronology of some famous European buildings where we find a parallel with Egypt:

The “aune of Neuchâtel” was used for measuring fabrics, silk and the “Indiennes de Neuchâtel”, a fabric printed on cotton. It is also in Neuchâtel that we find the origin of the Swiss industry of watchmakers with Daniel Jeanrichard who created his first watch of Neuchâtel at age 16 by reproducing an English watch.

Watchmakers use the “Poids de Marc” to weight precious metals. One “Marc” is equal to 8 onces. This system was made after the Ancient Roman units of measurement that “were primarily founded on the Hellenic system, which in turn were influenced by the Egyptian system and the Mesopotamian system“.

On Wikipedia, “The Roman foot was sub-divided either like the Greek pous into 16 digiti or fingers; or into 12 unciae or inches. Frontinus writes in the 1st century AD that the digitus was used in Campania and most parts of Italy.

• One digiti = 18.5 mm
    • 16 digiti = 29.6 cm
    • 29.6cm x 3 = 88.8 cm
    • 88.8/8 = 11.11 cm
    • 11.11 cm x 9 = 100 cm when we draw with geometric ratios rather than decimals.

In facts, the full text provides all the elements to deduct the length of the meter from the roman foot of 16 digiti, which I will further explain in the blog with some drawings.

What we learn from the text is the relation of the roman foot with time, what correlates with my drawings on the blog and this is probably by designing and building clocks that Neuchâtel had defined the aune of Neuchâtel from an ancient roman system. The full explanation will come in the blog.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close